Zemea® propanediol is a skin-friendly, natural, and petroleum-free glycol alternative for cosmetics and personal care formulations. A corn-derived natural ingredient approved by Ecocert™ and the Natural Products Association (NPA).
Benefits include its high purity, lack of skin irritation or sensitization, improved humectant, excellent aesthetics, and environmentally sustainable nature. It is currently being used in numerous major hair and skin care brands worldwide.
Zemea® propanediol can be used to replace glycols such as propylene glycol (1,2-propanediol), butylene glycol (1,3-/1,4-butanediol), or glycerin. Depending on your formulation needs, it can function as:
- Hand-feel Modifier
- Viscosity Enhancer
- Botanical Extraction and Dilution
- As a carrier for active ingredients
- Ingredient for natural esters and ethers
- Ingredient in natural preservative systems
What are the benefits of corn-derived propanediol?
- 100% natural - Approved by Ecocert™ and by the Natural Products Association (NPA)
- No Skin Irritation or Sensitization
- Improved Humectancy
- Excellent Sensory Aesthetics
- Improved Viscosity-Building
- High Purity (99.8% minimum)
- Enhanced Clarity
- Excellent Cloud Point
- Increased Foaming, if Desired
- High Freeze/Thaw, Heat Stability
- Antibacterial & Antifungal Properties
- Environmentally Sustainable Process (based on LCA)
- 100% Renewably-sourced Ingredient from Corn Sugar