Capryloyl glycine is an amide of Glycine (amino acid) and Caprylic acid (a fatty acid that contains eight carbon atoms in the chain). It's a member of the N-acyl glycines family, normally occurring in human tissues, so it's a safe component for skin care formulations. It is a multifunctional skin and hair care ingredient with numerous beneficial actions, including:
- Dermo-protective - maintains skin's pH balance
- Regulates sebum production
- Anti-dandruff - lessens proliferation of the microbes causing dandruff
- Anti-hair-loss - inhibits the 5α-Reductase enzyme, preventing premature hair loss
- Soothing agent - relieves skin and scalp irritation
- It is also helpful as purifying active, deodorant, and preservative.
Capryloyl glycine is suitable for all skin types but especially effective for formulas developed for oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin.