Ursolic acid is a pentacyclic Triterpene obtained and purified from Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) leaves. The traditional uses of plants containing the triterpenoid Ursolic acid in folk medicines include anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, hepatoprotection, analgesia, and cardiotonic, sedative, and tonic effects.
Ursolic acid exhibits numerous beneficial effects on the skin, including:
- The anti-aging effect, maintaining skin elasticity and inhibiting elastin destruction enzyme called elastase
- Skin firming - stimulates fibroblast and collagen production
- Antioxidant - scavengers free radicals, protecting skin cells from UV-induced damage and oxidative stress
- Soothing irritation and anti-inflammatory effect
- Antibacterial - suppresses the growth of several strains of microbes, preventing skin breakouts.
This natural has a shallow toxicity index and is a perfect ingredient for organic anti-aging formulations with outstanding results.