3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid (former INCI: Ethyl Ascorbyl Ether) is a white crystalline powder, an ethered derivative of ascorbic acid, the most excellent derivative of Vitamin C so far. It is very stable in chemical structure, a real stable and discolored derivative of ascorbic acid, but also it can enter into the skin and be metabolized by the body as ascorbic acid. So its effect is better than pure ascorbic acid.
Exhibiting unique dual lipophilic and hydrophilic properties (water- and oil-soluble), 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid is the perfect ingredient that can be easily incorporated into skin care applications. The most important is that it can easily penetrate into the dermis and play a biological effect, while pure ascorbic acid almost does not enter into the dermis. A 3-O-ethyl ascorbic acid is an ideal option for cosmetic products for multiple benefits:
- Excellent whitening effect: inhibit the activity of Tyrosinase by acting on Cu2+
- Prevents the synthesis of melanin（≥2%）
- High antioxidant effect
- A stable derivative of ascorbic acid with lipophilic and hydrophilic structure
- Anti-inflammation inhibits the growth of bacteria
- Improves the complexion, and enhances the elasticity of the skin.
- Repairs skin cells, and accelerates the synthesis of collagen.