Ethylhexylglycerin is the ether of glycerin and ethylhexyl alcohol (2-ethylhexhexanol), a multifunctional skincare ingredient that acts as a preservative, emollient, humectant, and deodorant. In addition, thanks to the bacteriostatic property, Ethylhexylglycerin boosts other preservatives' effectiveness, improving the shelf life of formulation and enhancing deodorants' lifespan.
Beneficial effects include:
- booster of cosmetic alcohols and glycols
- improves skin feel of cosmetic formulations
- acts as a medium spreading emollient
- effective against odor causing bacteria
- enhancer for traditional preservative systems
- boosting and fixating of fragrance ingredients