Rich in a potent antioxidant, Emblicanin, Indian Gooseberry (Phyllanthus Emblica) fruit extract is completely free of pro-oxidation activity. While most antioxidants go directly from an active to a passive role, Indian Gooseberry utilizes a multilevel cascade of antioxidant compounds, resulting in prolonging its antioxidant capabilities. The cascade illustrates the chemical transformation of Emblicanin A (one of the key compounds in Phyllanthus Emblica fruit) that takes place at a cellular level or on the skin during its antioxidant activity. As a result, it aggressively seeks and attacks free radicals, preventing aging processes.
Indian Gooseberry Fruit Extract is a powerful hyperpigmentation reducer. Different types of hyperpigmentation correlate with various factors and causes like genetic predisposition (freckles), diseases, pregnancy, or enzymatic deficiencies. They are mainly displayed by fair-skinned people and are related to red hair. In a recent study with Phyllanthus Emblica extract, volunteers with freckles used a lotion with 1 % of ingredient twice daily for 8 weeks. Positive results were obtained in 17 out of 19 subjects. Results are expressed as an increase in lightness and ITA degree, a parameter for skin tone.
Active ingredients (or INCI)
What are the benefits of Phyllanthus Emblica fruit extract?
- Natural & standardized ingredient
- Multifunctional antioxidant
- Prevents the formation of radicals
- Protection of DNA against oxidative stress
- Protection of cells from singlet oxygen damage
- Cascading effect provides long-term antioxidant activity
- Effective against freckles and age spots
- Excellent skin-lightening properties
- Visible anti-aging effect